Update November 16th, 2007
PICCOLOR Newsletter Winter 2007
Again a lot has been done on the hardware side: faster quad core processors by AMD and Intel have been
presented or are to be presented soon, and we'll see whether Barcelona and Phenom or Harpertown will
shine in picCOLOR applications...
PCI-Express (PCIe) frame grabbers have been established and proved to deliver extremely fast transfer rates.
Too bad, however, that frame grabber manufacturers still struggle developing 64-bit drivers.
Therefore, picCOLOR image analysis with a GUI is still bound to 32-bit WINDOWS for most applications.
Of course the 64-bit version is running fine, but 64-bit grabber support has not yet been tested.
The non-GUI version, however, can be delivered for 64-bit Linux systems.
Some of the new functions implemented in the past year are:
- Many new functions in the picCOLOR main program
- New functionality in the 3D/Sequence extension module
- New functionality in the 3D Tracking extension module
New functions in picCOLOR basic program:
- Freeman codes of objects (blobs) can now be checked for concavities or convexities
- Roundness value of objects (blobs) was improved
- Image background correction by regression in x- and y- direction was implemented
- Height representation of gray surfaces was greatly enhanced with grid display and real time display
- EXIF data in TIF and JPG images can be read
- Full TSAI camera calibration was implemented to correct different camera chip and lens errors
- Support for up to 8 processor cores in different functions was implemented
- The SR3000 USB 3D-camera by MESA (CSEM) has been implemented
- RAW 3D-data from the SR3000 camera can be saved to hard disk or loaded to image buffers
3D/Sequence extension module:
- Several new arithmetic functions for 3D images have been implemented
- 3D sequences can now be acquired by using the SR3000 3D-camera from MESA
- RAW 3D-streams from the SR3000 camera can be saved to hard disk or loaded to sequence buffers
2D/3D Real Time Object Tracking Extension Module:
- Using the full TSAI camera calibration, a stereo lens calibration can be performed
- Rotation systems were improved, enabling more than 90 degree rotation for different cases
- Handling of the 3D-tracking set-up was improved (marker display, left/right image marker view)
- More options to save 2D and 3D data are supported
- Real time option to start and stop writing data to file during tracking was implemented
- Many other improvements of the Real Time Tracking module are implemented
Available special modules:
- 3D/Sequence processing
- Stereometric measurement and display
- Particle Image Velocimetry / Particle tracking (PIV/PTV), also as Library or DLL
- 2D/3D-Position-Tracking in Real Time
- Fringe Correlation Method (for surface deflection measurement)
- True Color Extensions
- 1D/2D Bar Code Reader
- OCR/OCV Character recognition and rotation
- Real Time Processing
- User-Programming in "C"
Back to FIBUS Home Page
Back to image processing