Update February 20th, 2000
PICCOLOR Newsletter Spring 2000
New functions in picCOLOR basic program:
- Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) can be used for stdin/stdout streams
- New structuring elements implemented for morphology functions.
New hardware adaptations:
- Line Scan Cameras have been adapted to the picCOLOR V2.17 hardware.
Resolutions are up to 2048 pixel.
- A hardware trigger input was implemented for starting of different
processes like image sequence grabbing or 2D/3D object tracking
2D/3D Real Time Object Tracking Extension Module:
New functions and options have been implemented in the 2D/3D tracking
extension module. The tracking speed has been improved and with the
high speed JAI CV-M30 camera the following tracking frequencies can be
2D-Tracking at 40Hz with 120Hz camera speed
2D-Tracking at 60Hz with 180Hz camera speed
3D-Tracking at 24Hz with 120Hz camera speed split screen mode
3D-Tracking at 30Hz with 180Hz camera speed split screen mode
All measurements are performed with small markers of approx 4..5 pixel
diameter, 2 markers in each image, writing results to file, and using
the picCOLOR V2.17 hardware.
At 240Hz and 360Hz camera speed even higher tracking frequencies can
Triangulation for 3D Surface Detection:
New functions have been implemented to realize a 3D surface measurement
using triangulation of laser light sheet optics. A laser light sheet is
produced by using a laser beam and a cylindrical lens. This light sheet
can be used to illuminate secions of an object. Images of these sections
acquired by a camera looking at an distinct angle relative to the light
sheet can be rectified and used for 3D surface or volume determination.
Available special modules:
- 3D/Sequence processing
- Stereometric measurement and display
- Particle Image Velocimetry / Objekt tracking (PIV/PTV)
- 2D/3D-Position-Tracking in Real Time
- Fringe Correlation Method (for surface deflection measurement)
- Real Time Processing
- User-Programming in "C"
Planned or Beta version modules with limited functionality:
- Pattern Recognition
- Extended Gray Level (16 Bit)
Back to FIBUS Home Page
Back to image processing